Do you know the population of Ithica Ny? To know, read this article. Ithica is a city located in the Finger Lakes region of the state of New York, in the United States. Ithica is famous for its many waterfalls, more than 100 within 10 miles of downtown. If you put all the waterfalls within Ithica together, it’s a waterfall 7,342 feet tall and it is 1.39 miles of falling water. Due to its amazing surroundings, Ithica is considered one of the best places to live. Here you find very friendly local people and a variety of food to eat, a tremendous market to do shopping, and many more. Without delaying let’s come to the population of Ithica Ny.
What Is The Population Of Ithica Ny?
The population of Ithica Ny is 31,442 as of 2023. With this population, Ithica is the 23rd largest city in the state of New York and the 1264th largest city in the United States. Unfortunately, Ithica is currently not growing but declining at a rate of -0.42% yearly, and till now its population has declined by -1.27% since the latest census, which recorded a population of 31,845 in 2020. The population density of Ithica Ny is 5,835 people per square mile. Let’s see the population of Ithica as per its different areas,
- The population of Ithica, Ny metro is 1,05,740 as of 2023
- The population of Ithaca, Ny without students is 30,000 as of 2023
- Ithica, Ny Black population is 1,809 as of 2020
- Tompkins County, Ny population is 1.05 lakhs as of 2021
- Binghamton Population is 47,566 as of 2021
Now, you know the population of Ithica. Let’s know the population of other cities in the state of New York, from this you can compare the population of other cities with the population of Ithica, New York.
Population Of Ithica Ny By City
In the state of New York, the most populated city is New York City, with a population of 8,736,047 as of 2023 and the second most populated city is Hempstead Town, with a population of 791,018 as of 2023. While the third largest city as per population is Brookhacen, with a population of 485,984 as of 2023. To know the population of other cities in the state of New York, below we have mentioned a table consisting of the population of the top ten cities in the state. Have a look at the table given below.
|Name Of City||Population||Density Per Sq mile|
|New York City||8,736,047||26,403|
Population Of Ithica Ny As Per Year
The population growth of Ithica is going into the negatives, which means the population of Ithica is currently decreasing. Therefore, when you take a close look at the table given below, you see that the population of Ithica in 2021 is more than the population of Ithica in 2022. The table shows you the population of the city over the last 10 years.
Facts About The Population Of Ithica Ny
The facts about the population of Ithica Ny are
- Currently, the population of Ithica New York is declining at a rate of -0.42% annually.
- Till now, the population of Ithica is decreased by -1.27%.
- In Ithica, the population of White is 67.75% of the total population and is equivalent to 20,809.
- The population of Asians is 17.2% which is 5,282, the population of two or more races is 6.39% which is 1,964, the population of black or African American is 5.89% which is 1,809, the population of other races is 2.64% which is 810, and the population of Native American is 0.13 which is 41.
- In Ithica, the total population of females is 15,157, which is around 49.35% of the total population of the city. While the total population of males is 15,558, which is 50.65% of the total population of the city.
- In Ithica, 75.22% of the population speaks English and the remaining 24.78% of the population speaks other languages. Another language spoken by the largest group is Asian and Pacific Island languages, which is spoken by 16.97% of the population.
- In Ithica, the race most likely to be in poverty is Black, with 48.11% below the poverty level. And the race less likely to be in poverty in Ithica is another, with 12.32% below the poverty level.
Let’s find some more similar topics like these by visiting Populationzone
What Is Ithaca NY famous for?
Ithaca is famous for its many waterfalls, more than 100 within 10 miles of downtown. If you put them all together, it’s a waterfall 7,342 feet tall. That’s 1.39 miles of falling water!
Is Ithaca A Democrat Or Republican City?
Many of the state’s other urban areas, including Albany, Ithaca, Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse are also Democratic.
Is Ithaca NY A Good Place To Live?
Ithaca is home to spectacular waterfalls and lakes, organic farms and wineries, a thriving music and arts community, and an invigorating climate year-round. Located at the southern tip of Cayuga Lake, the longest of the 11 Finger Lakes, Ithaca is consistently rated among the most livable cities in the United States.
Why Is Ithaca So Expensive?
One of things that makes rentals expensive in Ithaca is that the supply of rental units is really limited.” Thanks to a constant stream of renters supplied by Ithaca College and Cornell University students, landlords in Ithaca find themselves with very few vacancies.
Is It Expensive To Live In Ithaca NY?
The cost of living in Ithaca, NY is 23% lower than the state average and 1% higher than the national average. Ithaca, NY housing is 0% than the U.S average, while utilities are about 5% pricier.
By reading this article, you come across the population of Ithica. You got that, the population of the city of Ithica is currently decreasing. It has decreased by -1.27% till now and is still decreasing. Due to less population, the cost of living in Ithica is also less. In Ithica, the cost of housing is 0% higher than the national average and the utility prices are 5% higher than the national average. When you visit Ithica, you may love it because it is famous as the homeland of Odysseus, the hero of the Homeric poem Odyssey. But, this beautiful city is now declining, affecting the total population of Ithica NY.